Sunday, November 18, 2012

One two many

What is it with men and the word 'breasts'? The other day Chrys and I were at a large store buying some meat. Chrys was in the frozen foods section and I was at the butchery. I asked for boneless chicken breast. The guy at the counter suddenly widened his eyes and got all excited. There were three chicken breasts kept inside the chill area. When I say three, I mean breasts that came from three chicken. It seems however that the guys don't think of it that way. For them each individual breast has to be counted.
So when he asked me "How many" and I said, "All three", he got confused.
He asked "All or three?".
I said, "All three", then to clarify I said..."Give me all that is there in that container".
He packed what he had and I asked if there was more. He called a butcher to cut up more. Then he turned around to me asking, "How many breasts do you want mam? See, this is one breast and this is another"... pointing to the left part of his chest and then the right. I almost burst out laughing but just ignored him and from then on communicated with the butcher directly who was one of those rare guys who didn't go googly eyed and start counting when 'breasts' were mentioned.

3 comments:

The Wanderer said...

OMG ! He actually pointed out, 'this is one breast...' ???? How did you not explode ? I sure would...I just can't hold my laughter :))))

Seema Smile said...

Ah! It's a rare talent to remain poker faced in the presence of ridiculousness. I shall conduct a class on this very soon. You are welcome to join.

phatichar said...

The store guy should attend for sure, to keep 'abreast' of things.. :P. Funny one this..