Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Zumba ho ho ho

I am experiencing mild aches and pains from my first Zumba class yesterday. But, I am not complaining. It was so much fun and I am looking forward to my next class tomorrow. There were only women in the class and three instructors. I really envy their energy. They dance with so much vigour and enthusiasm that it's contagious. The upbeat music helps too. There were a couple of women who were also attending this for the first time. Both of them were over-weight, but they kept up with the rest.
The instructor told us not to push our bodies on the first day. Her advice was, "Just keep moving even if you can't do all the steps". In the beginning some women complained that the air-conditioning was set too cool but after we started sweating, it started feeling a bit hot. In the end the instructor promised that we will eventually learn all the steps and with more intensive exercise also burn upto 700 calories in an hour. Although that seems like a lot, I will be happy even if I can burn 300-400 calories.
I am hoping to lose some of the excess fat and also learn a bit of dance. Chrys says that I will become one of those weirdos who dances crazily at parties. I don't care - he's just jealous coz so far he was the weird dancing dude and I was the embarrassed onlooker. Maybe I'll drag him to one of the classes and get him to learn some steps instead of the frenzied fit-throwing he calls dance.

No comments: